The purpose of this toolkit is to enable providers and staff of primary care clinics to promote organizational change to reduce health and healthcare disparities for SGM patients through the achievement of the following goals:
- Offer guidance in convening an Implementation Team to lead organizational change at clinics;
- Assist providers and staff in applying principles of organizational change to enhance their support for SGM patient health;
- Give providers and staff ideas and tools for engaging in organizational change, such as assessing readiness for change, organizational strengths and weaknesses, and action planning;
- Support providers and staff in learning from SGM communities in their efforts to implement organizational change;
- Aid providers and staff in evaluating the outcomes of their organizational change processes; and
- Help providers and staff improve access to and quality of care for all patients, including SGM patients.